Lumeo’s No Code Custom Video Analytics Platform Leverages Microsoft Azure to Bring Facial Recognition to its Marketplace
OAKLAND, CA March 23, 2022. Lumeo, a designer of computer vision solutions, announces the integration of the Microsoft Azure Face Service with its ever growing library of vision AI (Artificial Intelligence) models and analytics. The Azure Face Service provides AI algorithms that detect, recognize, and analyze human faces in images.
Lumeo is an open and flexible video analytics platform that addresses the specific business challenge of bridging the latest AI models and techniques with a growing audience attempting to bring intelligence and automation to market through vision AI. The easy-to-use Lumeo platform gives security integrators, manufacturers, and ISVs the tools to harness AI to make sense of video data. Lumeo is the most flexible way to add face recognition capabilities to any custom analytic solution.
“Facial recognition technology is a powerful addition to any security and video analytics solutions, and we are excited to offer Azure Face Service within our Lumeo Marketplace,” said Devarshi Shah, CEO and Co-Founder of Lumeo. “The ability to detect, capture, and compare facial features has numerous applications, including many that go beyond traditional surveillance activities.”
The integration of the Azure Face Service with Lumeo’s platform delivers a quick method to embed facial recognition into security applications for a seamless and highly secured user experience. No machine-learning expertise is required. Advantages include:
- Easily build solutions that can recognize 1M users without expensive on-prem equipment. A device as small as a Nvidia Jetson on the edge can perform these lookups in near real time.
- Improved performance and reduced bandwidth costs vs streaming video to the cloud continuously.
- Secure - customers manage face data on their own Azure account.
- No fixed upfront costs; face recognition analytics are priced on a consumption basis.
Azure Face Recognition building block can be combined with numerous other integrations available on the Lumeo platform to enable a wide range of use cases such as:
Identity Verification and Customer Experience:
- Operations - customer managed employee whitelists or how long do specific employees spend in a given area, etc.
- Customer experience - recognize opted-in users for fast-pass access and provide a personalized service
- Alerts and alarms when unknown people are detected in restricted zones
Touchless access control: Reduce hygiene and security risks from card sharing, loss, or theft. Facial recognition assists the check-in process with a human in the loop for check-ins in airports, stadiums, theme parks, buildings, hospitals, or schools.
Face redaction: Redact or blur detected faces of people recorded in a video to protect their privacy.
Lumeo is headquartered out of Oakland, CA, and fueled by a vision to transform how the world sees video. Lumeo is the first and only ‘no-code’ video analytic platform that empowers solution providers with the ability to create and deliver custom analytics in minutes--with no technical skills needed. Using drag-and-drop tools, pre-built analytic building blocks, ready-to-use AI models, and APIs, Lumeo lets providers instantly add AI-powered analytics to their own solution or extend existing VMS and camera installations to increase revenue and bottom line. Lumeo’s cloud-managed analytics can run in the cloud, on-premises, or in a hybrid model so you can optimize for convenience or cost. Learn more at www.lumeo.com.